Street Gang to be released WORLD WIDE!

Started by
10 comments, last by Magic Card 23 years, 10 months ago
I never expected this to happen. A publisher came to me and told me that he would release my game World Wide, make 10,000 copies, and I''d get $1 per copy! I am so happy! Street Gang will be available off the DanAvision website mid July to mid August (hopefully), that is if all goes well. YAHOO! Top quality games don''t kick ass as well as these. http://danavision.homestead.com Prepare to be blown away! ------------------------- Magic Card
-----------------------------A world destroyed, a myth rebord. Some truths should remain untold...Check out NightRise today, coming eventually from DanAvision Software Entertainment.http://www.danavisiongames.com
Advertisement
Hey, congratulations...good to see one of the ''little people'' getting there just deserves!

Hopefully we''ll see more GameDev''ers doing the same in the future (hey, maybe even me one day )

Good luck with the game...
Wow, congrats. Is your age posted correctly at your site? You are gonna sound like such a bad-ass at job interviews ("Yeah, I shipped my first title when I was 13...").

Just a few precautionary suggestions:

- get a contract with this guy (if you haven''t already)
- make sure $1 is a fair share. Does anyone know the going royalty % is for developers?
- just don''t let this guy screw you. It sounds like your publisher is web-based; I started a website a year ago, and of the 8 ad companies I''ve earned revenue from, 2 have defaulted on payments (totalling about $20k).
Wow!
Congrats indeed! And yes, that WILL kick ass on your C.V! I''m off to visit the site! Erm, you don''t by any chance play Magic do you? (dur!)

Keep us posted on events and stuff!

www.stephen-hawes.co.uk
Eric what do u mean?

how did u get ripped off?
was it a mp3 site?

CONGRATS MAN!
-M

Saráth evenü, cán el-sayü liné!
Saráth evenü, cán el-sayü liné!
Sorry, this is kinda a tangent...

k_hole9, my site is mp3masterlist.com. The two companies I referred to are Startpath.com and MP123.com.

Startpath was a new ad company; they did badly and they were unable to pay their publishers (like me). However, I am currently in the process of getting a settlement from them for revenue earned like 8 months ago.

I earned revenue from MP123.com in March. Since my last post here, they''ve contacted me, claiming my check was in the mail; even if this is true, it''s still a month and a half late.

Sorry again for bitching about my somewhat-unrelated problems
Eric, so they can''t be trusted

How much to you make a month at www.mp123.com

me and my friend are trying to earn some money.
Do you have any tips man ?

cya

Well, I have some good news, some bad news, and some good news. The GOOD news is that Street Gang will be published world wide. The BAD news is that the publisher who contacted me may not publish it. But the GOOD news is I found another publisher who may be interested, On Deck Interactive. They''re a branch of Gathering of Developers, whom I know, that started in May. So here''s what might happen:

I''ll have On Deck publish it in the Americas. If it does good in the Americas, I''ll have the other company publish it throughout the rest of the world. Is this a good idea?

P.S. Yes, Zonbie, I play Magic.

Top quality games don''t kick ass as well as these.

http://danavision.homestead.com

Prepare to be blown away!
-------------------------

Magic Card
-----------------------------A world destroyed, a myth rebord. Some truths should remain untold...Check out NightRise today, coming eventually from DanAvision Software Entertainment.http://www.danavisiongames.com
Magic Card, you could also consider eGames (egames.com). They publish "family-friendly" software -- from the looks of their website, that means games which are low-budget, less violent, and targetted to lower-end machines.

k_hole9, mp123.com''s affiliate pay-rate is posted at their site. If you''re trying to make a profitable website, focus on building traffic before looking for advertisers/sponsors.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement