Landscape problem

Started by
3 comments, last by jonny 23 years, 10 months ago
I want to write a landscape program. I need infos about that. Have you articles, tutorials or free source codes about it ? Please write me the address, where can I download them.
Advertisement
Have a look at http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20000403/turner_01.htm. At the end of the article you'll find some usefull links. However I've seen that there are a lot of methods for landscape rendering. I'm currently looking for the method that fits best for my project.

Hope that's something you can use.

Edited by - VolkerG on June 16, 2000 4:39:00 PM
how is the world landscape done in FF7??
Isn''t it fun having pre-teens on the message board?

FF7 landscapes are prerendered. They take a background bitmap and draw it on the screen first, then draw the 3d characters and objects. If you mean the world-map view, it''s probably just an object like everything else, without any special "terrain" code.
Creativity is a bloody nuisance and an evil curse that will see to it that you die from stress and alcohol abuse at a very early age, that you piss off all your friends, break appointments, show up late, and have this strange bohemian urge (you know that decadent laid-back pimp-style way of life). The truly creative people I know all live lousy lives, never have time to see you, don't take care of themselves properly, have weird tastes in women and behave badly. They don't wash and they eat disgusting stuff, they are mentally unstable and are absolutely brilliant. (k10k)
Hey DEE, you really like FF, uh?! Didn''t you ask ''bout the messages? Well, I believe that landscapes are ready images on the disk and it just prints the guy in its position. Simple(to program, not to do the images)

Thanks, Arthur(rockslave)
import money.*;#include "cas.h"uses bucks;

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement