Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raloth

the mythical debug console

Ahhh, where is it? I can't find it anywhere, not even on the control panel. [edit] I do have the debug runtime installed. [edited by - Raloth on July 2, 2003 1:00:08 AM]

Ok, after two hours of uninstalling and reinstalling I finally got it to appear. The only thing is that it doesn''t seem to work. Do I have to be using VC++? Right now I am using Dev-C++.

quote:
Original post by Raloth
Ok, after two hours of uninstalling and reinstalling I finally got it to appear. The only thing is that it doesn''t seem to work. Do I have to be using VC++? Right now I am using Dev-C++.

I think Microsoft isn''t nice enough to make it support other compilers than theirs.. Quite stupid aye??
Maybe there''s a way around it, you could try to Google it.

Hi - Sysinternals.com has a program called DebugView that will let you see debug output. You might give it a try (it''s freeware). It works very well.

If you have already done this, you might also have to specify "use debug version of direct3d" and increase the debug output in your directx control panel.

Hope this helps-

BM

quote:
Original post by Sfpiano
I looked in my control panel but it won''t let me switch to the debug version, everything is all grayed out.

Have you (or any software) installed a newer version of DirectX after you installed the SDK ?

For example if you installed the DirectX 9.0 SDK and then a game you ran installed DirectX 9.0a then you''d see the behaviour you describe.

In that case you''ll need to install the DirectX 9.0a SDK

Also try reinstalling the SDK and select the "use debug runtimes" option again (in case something went wrong last time you installed it).

--
Simon O''Connor
ex -Creative Asylum
Programmer &
Microsoft MVP