Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coufu

Mouse, DirectInput, and Windowed Mode

If I have a custom cursor in my game, how do I get rid of the windows mouse cursor while my window has focus in windowed mode? It's annoying when you move the mouse outside of the window and then click somewhere else, then your program loses focus because you *accidently* click on a different window. I tried messing around with the exclusive cooperative levels but the cursor is still there, and hiding the cursor doesn't help because that only makes the cursor go away while the cursor is over the window. I'm sure this is a pretty common problem... I've searched all over google and msdn too and couldn't find anything, so I'm hoping one of you guys might know... Thanks in advance. Oh by the way, I'm using DirectInput. [edited by - coufu on July 2, 2003 1:24:59 AM]

HideCursor( ); isn''t working for me. Anyway, ShowCursor( FALSE ); still hides the cursor behind the window, in which you can still see it when the cursor is not within the dimensions of the window (in windowed mode of course).

There is no way to do that. Besides, what''t the point of running in a window, if you don''t want to be able to click on other windows? The only way to prevent the user from clicking on another window is to run in fullscreen mode.