• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xingo

OpenGL Toon Lighting in opengl (vertex coloring)?

This topic is 5588 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Would anyone have an example of toon lighting using vertex coloring? or some other method? calculations would help out a lot -_-

Advertisement
why the hell do i write tutorials if no one reads them?

nehe.gamedev.net, lesson 37 or 38 (it keeps moving around). "Cel Shading by Sami "MENTAL" Hamlaoui".

instead of using single glColor3f (1, 1, 1), replace it with a glColor3f for each vertex in the vertex loop and pass the current vert''s color.

there, one cel-shaded mesh with individual vertex colors. it aint that hard ya know.

MENTAL:

I''ve already read that tutorial but its basicly uses the technique of the position ofthe camera rather then the position of a lamp and and the point of view....

Also that tutorial uses an ineffcient toon outline, todo a toonline thats faster just draw the front faces of the mesh then draw the back faces of all the edges in the mesh... giving faster rendering and a more even toon outine

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!