3d game Studio...

Started by
4 comments, last by BattleGuard 20 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I just wanted people''s opinions on 3d games Studio. What do you think about it. Is it good? Does it have very many functions? Thanx BattleGuard Only questions raise questions. Questions are raised by people, by curiousity, the gift of nature to all human beings. And curiosity is satisfied by answers, which in turn raise questions, which lead to answers. And this curiosity is what keeps SCIENCE alive...
Advertisement
Yeah I tried it a while ago and it was pretty good, the script language it uses it''s pretty easy (even easier if you know c/c++). If you want to make simple FPS games then this is a good option. I wouldn''t recommend it though, use OGL/DX instead.
The monkeys are listening...
Why don''t you recommend it? Is there something wrong with it?

BattleGuard

Only questions raise questions. Questions are raised by people, by curiousity, the gift of nature to all human beings. And curiosity is satisfied by answers, which in turn raise questions, which lead to answers. And this curiosity is what keeps SCIENCE alive...
No there''s nothing wrong with it...It''s just my own personal opinion I guess. If you take a look at their site you''ll see there are a lot of people that use it. The reason why I don''t recommend it is because the program itself has its own scripting language which you have to learn in order to use it...and personally I''d rather use my time to learn OGL or DX instead of that, since at a point you are probably going to stumble into some kind of limitation and then you are going to want to move to OGL/DX..or something like that. Well if you think you should try it do it, go to their site and find out about it(I think they have a trial version).
The monkeys are listening...
I concur with FtMonkey. To date, there have been no commercial quality 3D Game Studio games. To get commercial quality would most likely require writing your own code for everything (including character movement, weapons, etc.). The files provided are bloated. I also don''t like the inflexibility of the scripting language.. difficult to do certain things. On the upside, it''s relatively easy to use for a hobby project and it has an excellent community.
Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice on any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)"
Yeah, I actually used 3dgs before learning dx and ogl. I got to a limitation that would not allow me to do a certain thing. I got rid of the engine and reprogramed my game in dx.... It works faster and better now. On the other hand, 3dgs is a good intro into game programming, because you can get used to coordinate systems, transformation, etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement