VS NET Install problems

Started by
3 comments, last by Spearhawk 20 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I''m trying to install VS NET Academic edition on my computer but it refuses to do so. It''ll run the installation process like normal but then when it''s over it just says "Setup Failed" and won''t even show the error log when I try to click on it (or any of the logs for that matter). I''m using Win 2000 SP3 and got more than enough free hdd space (about 20 gb) and I meet (exceeds) all the other system reqs. I know there''s not something wrong with the discs because it worked on my old computer. Anyone know what might be wrong? Thanks in advance -- Spearhawk Productions Project Andromeda
Advertisement
Well, I didn''t understand your doubt very well but, When I was trying to install VS.NET on the 1st step VS.NET ask u about Windowns Componet Update, and u must change the CD1 to CD5, after it, change again the cd5 to cd1 and continue the install.

obs.: Make sure u have the .net framework installed in your pc.

Rodrigo Dietze
Rodrigo Dietze
Hehe, thanks for the reply but yes I done that. The install goes exactly as normal. I do the component update, I then proceed to the install and enter the serial number and chose what components to install. The file start being copied form the cds and I insert the next one when promoted. But when the files are all copied instead of saying "Install succesfull" I get a "Setup Failed" and I get three links to log files, none of which shows up when klicked on.

--
Spearhawk Productions
Project Andromeda
It happened to me too. It may be an error with your DVD drive not reading all the files correctly. Try using a different drive, prefarably a cd rom.
Check this page for more info :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q318945

Hope this helps
Supo
Baba Orim
Thanks Supo. Unforsulantely it didn''t help, it installs perfectly on my notbook so I used it to make iso''s out of the cds and tried installing it using deamon tools virtual cd, didn''t help (the isos work of rht notebook). I''m guessing it''s some software or another I got installed on this computer but not my notebook that''s casuing the problem, not that I have been able to find it yet.
Oh well, a friend of mine lent me his VS NET 2003 and that worked, so I guess I''ll have to see if I can get it from the uni. Otherwise a format should solwe my problems.

--
Spearhawk Productions
Project Andromeda

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement