VectorC VS MVCP

Started by
6 comments, last by PaulCesar 20 years, 9 months ago
Ok, forgive me for my ignorance, but i just realized that VectorC is actualy availiable for PC (i always thought it was just playstation...) anyhow, what i was wondering was, is it any faster (optimizing that is) then Microsoft Visual C++ .Net Enterprise (all optimizations). Hopefully this doesent start a flame war either, as i doubt that many here even use the product.... (VectorC that is)
Advertisement
noone?
VectorC can target MMX and SSE2 in its optimizations
only the Visual Studio.NET _2003_ compiler can target MMX and SSE1/2 optimizations, but the VS IDE should be reason enough to stay with it.

besides, develop good coding habits and you wont have to rely on compiler optimizations
"I am a donut! Ask not how many tris/batch, but rather how many batches/frame!" -- Matthias Wloka & Richard Huddy, (GDC, DirectX 9 Performance)

http://www.silvermace.com/ -- My personal website
silvermace: VectorC integrates with the VS IDE.

PaulCesar: Unless you buy the Professional version of VectorC, it won''t optimize for Athlon XP. I tend to agree with silvermace as to the usefulness of compiler optimizations. The better your code, the less you need them. Optimizers are nice, but crappy code is crappy code.
Ok, does .net do the vectorizations, after reading the benchmarks presented i was kinda blown away.
Rule #1: All benchmarks lie.

Having said that, I don''t want to imply that the VectorC folks are liars. But, benchmarks are easy to fool, if you know the product being benchmarked very well.

The real test is what it does with YOUR code.

As for VS .NET, as silvermace stated, the 2003 version has vectorizations, but I don''t at what level.

Note that VectorC is a C-compiler and does NOT support C++. So if you like OOP, VectorC is not an option.
Vector C supports some c++(not exceptions or RTTI though).
Doh. I tried to verify my statement before submitting my reply, but their server went suddenly unavailable. My C++ statement was based on a (possibly misread) review of the 1.x version. I sit corrected.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement