Files

Started by
3 comments, last by Nat 23 years, 10 months ago
Does anyone know of a free source on the web for low poly rooms & environments. Thanks, Nat
~~~º¥º -
Advertisement

yeah try www.low_poly_rooms_&_environments.com !!

Did you find the soultion for finding out who shot particle ?

k-D
Curiously enough I tried that url and It was a broken link hehe

Try 3d cafe, www.polycount.com www.3dpalette.com however I don think you will fins rooms and enviroments but textures, and probably environmental objects like trees.

You see, like in our terrain engine, worlds are too big to be stored as 3d files... they must be calculated somehow...
Per example games like quake have a bsp compiled map
our terrain object has a texture for height and details.
portal engines contain a map similar to bsp...
etc.

this do not actually store the entire world but the "guidelines" for an engine to create one.
Huh! nice try Kec!

Coming back to particle .. I saw the code of Land1 and there is a way you can Identify it by the playerID. But then since I did not have time to rewrite all that I am just using TimeCount parameter of the emitter to avoid collision of the bullet with the character himself. Well! the compromise in the networked game is that I am having to check how many deaths of the palyer have gone rather then how many times he had fragged. I know u guys have talked about using BounceFactor .. but I could not understand how u do it.

I actually wanted rooms or levels like quake3. I like the Jet3d Editor ..but the damn thing does not have a .3ds exporter. And in Max .. doing planar mapping is not as easy as in Jet3d. Does anyone know an editor that has bothe the features like Jet3d with a .3ds export.

Does anyone have a sample code using BounceFactor.

Thanks,
Nat
~~~º¥º -

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement