• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenneth Venken

Best Language..

This topic is 5495 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What is the best language for games? I have the most experience with Java, but i''m willing to learn any language.. just tell me which language is best.. thx By reading forums like this, C, or C++ is probably the best programming language.. What is the best of the two? C++ is more object-oriented if i''m not mistaken.. so it must be more suitable, right.. (pardon my english, my native language is dutch)

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by Kenneth Venken
By reading forums like this, C, or C++ is probably the best programming language..

Nope.
quote:

C++ is more object-oriented if i''m not mistaken.. so it must be more suitable, right..

Nope.

Don''t let the zealots fool you, there really is no best language. C and C++ are, however, by far the most popular. And C++ is not more suitable just because it is ''object-oriented''. Object-oriented does not mean good by any means.

Most people use C++ for game programming for various reasons...but it all depends on what platform you are programming for...

well if you know Java, then pick C++ over C, cuz you already know( i hope) the deal of OO programming...

c++ imo definitely

"You have chosen your own way, young Stefu. You are no longer part of the Nerd-order!"

Guest Anonymous Poster
Where on earth is "Åboland"?

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Where on earth is "Åboland"?

lol! it should be swedish o = a with o on top.
Aboland, it''s city in Findland written in swedish,
Clear enough?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!