Realistic Damaging...Looking for coder

Started by
15 comments, last by UberSoldat 20 years, 9 months ago
You people are being rude. Obviously this is not some person trying to make an MMORPG over the summer, and yet you react the same way. I wish I could help, but I can''t. You people really need to calm down.
~-~The Horse of Darkness~-~
Advertisement
Guys... you all are getting a little harsh. There are new forum rules for flaming. Maybe I''m the only one who read them.

UberSoldat, if you knew the history of people on these boards, and the newbs who ask questions.... yours sounds a lot like theres.... as per what the AP said "I need a coder to complete a (insert popular genre) game in 2 months."

That post is common.

Also... games are a hobby to a lot of people around here. And those people normally have their own agendas. To make people bite at your bait... ya may want to try to sweeten up your proposal... maybe just a hint of what it is... a website.. a paper, thesis... who knows. JUst something other than email me questions and i''ll respond.

They want to have some forethought of what they commit to before they even bother with 20 questions. WHat can i say... Programmers are some of the laziest people i know.(In some respects =o)

Good Luck with finding someone
-DD
I know what your saying now. Thanks. And I go by another name for Sven Coop, I'm flashbang.

So later I will have something bulletproof for people to see and read about.

[edited by - UberSoldat on July 2, 2003 12:27:34 AM]
Blood is thicker than water...
Granted, some of that may have been harsh, but come on Agentidd is quite right. Posting something like that (in the wrong forum, to boot) just gets annoying to people who hang around here a lot. Not to say that you don''t know what you''re doing - its simply that people around here (me included) tend to flame apparent noobs who post their ''new'' ideas.

Gamedevers can be extremely nice if you know the rudiments of the english language, don''t start your posts with "Hi!", don''t post in the correct forums, or generally show off their own purported skills.

Anyways, yes, having a clearer idea to post would be helpful.

And, for god''s sake, post in the frickin Help Wanted forum... (or at least one of the actual programming - graphics and programming, general programming, or game programming - ones).

-geo
red eye is coming back (the old site is still around, albeit in a weird transitional form)
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
http://members.tripod.com/ubersoldat4/index.htm

Has INFO
Blood is thicker than water...
1. Ten million people have had the same idea before.
2. You are very rude, patronizing, and grammatically pitiful on that page. NOT a good start.
3. You haven''t provided anything to prove that you know what you are doing. Working on a game mod does not qualify you to develop complex geometric algorithms, believe me.

Just so I don''t seem to be flaming for flaming''s sake, let me tell you why your idea sucks: machine guns. I have a 1-polygon wall which I just hit with an MG42, meaning there are over 100 rounds of lead plastered into it. Go deform that. Now do it to all of the 300 walls in the [very small] level, and you have gone from a standard 10 million polygons per second engine to trying to pipe billions of polygons through the graphics engine every frame.

Your idea is old, poorly thought out, impractical, and useless. You yourself are impolite, unprofessional, and (from your grammar) very unkempt and lazy.

Or have we all misunderstood? Are you really looking for a coder who is a little bit smashed?

quote:I am looking for a mildly high coder

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

I''m closing this because a) it''s full of flames and b) because it''s already been posted in Help Wanted, which is where it belongs.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement