Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ranthalion

Program Interaction Question

I''m working on making a program to log AIM chats, but I haven''t found a way to get my program to see what AIM is doing. How would I be able to catch the text that is being sent and received in AIM? Or in any specific program for that matter. I''m using MSVC++ 6.0 and I''ve tried a few of the tools, such as Spy++ to figure it out, but haven''t come across a clue yet. Any suggestions?

Well, I found out how to get the text from another process in windows using SendMessage(...) and WM_GETTEXT, but I still need to be able to identify the target application. Does anyone out here know how to find out the Handle of an application that is already running?

I worked on that, but it doesn''t seem to do what I need. It always returns null. I pass it the program name, including path, but I can''t seem to get it. The target program is running and everything.
Maybe I''m going about this the wrong way. I want to make a log file of my AIM conversations. Do you guys have any suggestions for a better way to do this?