Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kajjait

been workin on a space shooter...

just wanted to ge some feedback on what i've been working on... if anyones interested, http://24.44.73.72:8000/game.html its not done or anything but i just wanted to know what some other people think about it how it is right now

Going good buddy, I''ll point out a couple of things I noticed.

1. The general speed is fairly nippy, I''d kinda prefer it a little slower, providing more time to react once it gets more hectic.

2. I experienced a few problems with controls in terms of them locking. If you switch direction really quickly the spaceship stops and doesn''t go in the new direction.

I believe this is because your KeyUp command may do something like set all velocities to zero seeing as someone released the key, hence stopping movement. You can prevent it cancelling out other keys movment commands with a few if statments in the keyUp function checking if any other direction keys are pressed before altering the velocity.

Keep up the good work.

hmm yeah i noticed that problem too, thanks for the fix, and yeah it runs a bit quick right now but that will change once i switch everything over to a timer rather than frame based

quote:
Original post by kajjait
hmm yeah i noticed that problem too, thanks for the fix, and yeah it runs a bit quick right now but that will change once i switch everything over to a timer rather than frame based

Hehe, a bit quick is just a bit of an understatement. It runes insanely fast for me Looks good though, I like these kind of games.

--
Spearhawk Productions
Project Andromeda