2D in DirectX 9

Started by
3 comments, last by zodiacon 20 years, 9 months ago
Does anyone know how to do 2D blits with source color keying, similar to the DirectDraw 7 method. I heard there is a new way to do it in DX9 (not using textures as it was donw in DX8.1)
Advertisement
Check this page, it has nice tutorials about this topic:

http://www.32bits.co.uk
quote:Original post by zodiacon
Does anyone know how to do 2D blits with source color keying, similar to the DirectDraw 7 method. I heard there is a new way to do it in DX9 (not using textures as it was donw in DX8.1)

Don''t think there''s a new way!? Anyone know? I really wanna know this...

/MindWipe
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
quote:Original post by MindWipe

/MindWipe

IDirect3DDevice9::StretchRect

You can use alpha test to perform a keying effect (colour keying isn''t ideal anyway on modern 3D hardware).

--
Simon O''Connor
ex -Creative Asylum
Programmer &
Microsoft MVP

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

quote:Original post by S1CA
quote:Original post by MindWipe

/MindWipe

IDirect3DDevice9::StretchRect

You can use alpha test to perform a keying effect (colour keying isn''t ideal anyway on modern 3D hardware).

--
Simon O''Connor
ex -Creative Asylum
Programmer &
Microsoft MVP

Ok. Thanks, gotta look into that. Well, I think I''ll start seriously with 3D any day now.

/MindWipe
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement