no-one can create ai

Started by
94 comments, last by yumi_cheeseman 20 years, 8 months ago
its funny how we in this forum have classified ai. at the moment probably noone here has created a real ai. one that actually learns and can be taught how to respond like a human. everyone here classidies ai as action and response. game ai are made to respond to an action. such as if the bot detects the human bot then attacks human. this is why playing games such as half life and unreal are so boring against bots. all that a harder bot does is be more accurate. a bot doesn''t figure out ur strategy or weakness and implement it in the next round does it. a human can. a human has the ability to far outpla a bot. this is because of the humans ability to analyse the other players and take advantage say by hiding in an alleyway. this is why you are not taking about real ai
____________________________________________________________and forth spew many rivers of joy, of which fell upon the world and swept away the nations. and then as he spoke everyone bowed down in prayer to the almighty god, jesus our saviour.cya yumi_cheeseman
Advertisement
Amen brother. Yo'' sure is one insightful kinda guy.

My Website: ai-junkie.com | My Book: AI Techniques for Game Programming
We sure have created artificial intelligence. They keyword here is ''artificial''. If you create something that appears to have some sort of intelligence it can be described as AI. Besides are you sure that the human mind isn''t purely mechanistic?
The discussion here is about whats intelligence and whats not, and i dont belive anyone has an answer for that. Is a chess computer smart or intelligent? probobly not, it only has simple mathmatical rules to follow.
You cant tell if you playing against a computer or a human if your playing chess and cant see the opponent. So wouldn´t that be "real" AI?
Learning is not a required component of intelligence. (My brother is a prime example.) A creature can be intelligent and respond to its surroundings through genetics and instinct - i.e. its "programming".

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer
Intrinsic Algorithm - "Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Real AI knows how to capitalize the words at the beginning of a sentence!

botman
Real AI often capitalizes a message board ID as if it were a proper noun.

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer
Intrinsic Algorithm - "Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

I think Dr Turing already rendered this argument a moot point. AI just rolls of the tounge easier than ''programs with a list of causes and effects''
Our brains simply respond to stimuli. When we think about something for a long time, we''re just using a lot of clock cycles. It''s still response to a stimulus.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
quote:Original post by yumi_cheeseman
at the moment probably noone here has created a real ai.

Actually I have... she's two month old and is already displaying some of the attributes of an intelligent, concious agent. She's definitely artificial in that my wife and I made her... I'm guessing that she'll be ready for the Turing test after a few more years of training.

As to that other sort of artificial intelligence... the sort imbued into computers... before you go and denounce what people are doing, why don't you define what you mean by 'real AI' and then offer people the opportunity to discuss whether it is possible to create such a thing, rather than just tell us that we cannot.

Timkin

[edited by - Timkin on July 4, 2003 1:09:50 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement