Weird idea

Started by
3 comments, last by onyxflame 20 years, 9 months ago
Note: This isn''t something I could actually make, I just figured I''d throw it out here and see if anyone thinks it''s interesting or can use it themselves. How about a game where you play a tabloid photographer. You wander around trying to catch newsworthy events happening, and attempt to take pictures of them that clearly show what''s happening (i.e. the model kissing the infuential political figure, not 2 seconds afterwards when it isn''t as interesting). Then after your pictures run, you may have to deal with lots of crap from the people featured in your tabloid. Maybe if you annoy enough people, the tabloid gets forced out of business. Anyway, probably not a really good idea but hey it could include LOADS of Elvis sightings!
If a squirrel is chasing you, drop your nuts and run.
Advertisement
Well, it''s been done, but not often enough that you can''t do it better. Look up "Photograph Boy" for the TurboGrafx, and perhaps "Fatal Frame" for the PS2.

I''d suggest you are a freelancer and have to use your judgement on which newspapers want what pictures. Reputable ones pay more and enhance your reputation, but will be irritated if you hawk pictures that are too low quality or of subjects that aren''t their specialty.
And don''t forget Pokemon snap.

Cool idea tho... especially the Elvis sightings part

-solo (my site)
-solo (my site)
Jon Hare of Sensible Software fame has just announced an updated version of this concept where you video things instead of taking snapshots. Quite what he is planning isn''t clear yet. The brief article can be found here http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=52461

Dan Marchant
Obscure Productions
Game Development & Design consultant
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
Theres a game similar to this out in Japan for the PS2 right now in which you try to take pictures of models and some other things.
Pro Case Modder at your service.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement