11 errors

Started by
17 comments, last by darkcoder8 20 years, 9 months ago
wat do u mean? i included the header in that link above and the nehegl.h is on nehes site.
What person?I forgot what I was gonna say.
Advertisement
Hehe, nevermind that ;p

int angleofe,
Oh-oh!

hDC
I hope it''s defined in NeHeGL.h -_-, and that the file gets included.

CFont::GLvoid KillFont(GLvoid)
Hello, world!
The return type must go first, like this:
GLvoid CFont::KillFont(GLvoid)
and
int array[*];
I took care of all that.
And wat do u mean by this:

quote:
int angleofe,
Oh-oh!
when the compiler lists lots of errors it''s usually only the first one that is important. Once it''s been tripped up by one syntax error a whole raft of others will follow (which aren''t really errors) and will be ''solved'' just by fixing what''s causing the first error.
quote:And wat do u mean by this:

Take a close look, something is bold Remove it.
Leffe is saying that you have defined a variable in you class (int), called "angleofe".

What is worse is that you also have methods within the same class that have parameter lists containing the SAME KEYWORD. This is dangerous and leads to confusion, leading to problems.

Of course this will not cause an error (maybe a warning), but its bad practice and makes your tricky to read.

www.cppnow.com
ok i found out that one of my vars was misspelled:
angleofe was spelled angleof that elminated a few errors and then i changed all the GLvoid''s to void''s for simplicity''s sake and that took off a few errors. I alos included stdio.h and math.h for vsprintf and a few other functions to be able to write stuff to the screen and that took away a few errors as well. Finally i also redeclared all the variables in one of nehe''s typedef structs (hDC,hWnd,etc) in my font.h and that got rid of a few more errors.
So in summary, I went from 18 errors to 10 errors and 2 warnings.
Here is the new error summary and it would be great if i could get rid of all the rest of the errors. Thx:

http://rafb.net/paste/results/wa183163.html
Hopefully someone''ll be able to help me or ill be able to help myself
Thanks again and in advance,
darkcoder8

What person?
I forgot what I was gonna say.
This is getting nuts.. concidered rewriting the code from scratch, compiling frequently?

This way you will also learn its architecture, and how it runs.

www.cppnow.com
yah i think im gonna do that. damn waste of time is wat it is but thx to all! very helpful anwyay.

-darkcoder8

What person?
I forgot what I was gonna say.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement