reaally good at designing

Started by
6 comments, last by yumi_cheeseman 20 years, 9 months ago
i can design some really good games but i dont have the experience and knowledge to do them. do other ppl have this problem. ____________________________________________________________ as you can see i ramble, but at least i have my own opinion have a nice day
____________________________________________________________and forth spew many rivers of joy, of which fell upon the world and swept away the nations. and then as he spoke everyone bowed down in prayer to the almighty god, jesus our saviour.cya yumi_cheeseman
Advertisement
98% of High-School gamers do.
---------------
quote:Original post by Joe-Bob
98% of High-School gamers do.

and the other 2% are the ones with enough experience to actually implement some of them

(if that...nah couldn''t be that... more like 0.1%, with 99.9% of high school gamers having the problem :-p)
quote:Original post by yumi_cheeseman
i can design some really good games but i dont have the experience and knowledge to do them.

do other ppl have this problem.

as you can see i ramble, but at least i have my own opinion
have a nice day

Hint: aquire knowledge and experience
No one has these automatically.

BTW, it's more like 0.01%

[edited by - Thunder_Hawk on July 3, 2003 7:41:55 PM]
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
I think the percentage that''s really important is how many of them really have the drive to try and learn it on their own. I say about 10%.
I am guessing you have another problem as well: a design is not quite the same thing as an idea.

If you can write a two-hundred-page document on how your ideas can be realistically implemented, you''re getting closer.
@Yumi : I''ve just read another post of you, where you are looking for ideas ...
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=166400

Why don''t you use your own ideas for your team ? :-)

Just wondering .....
quote:Original post by yumi_cheeseman
i can design some really good games but i dont have the experience and knowledge to do them.

do other ppl have this problem.

as you can see i ramble, but at least i have my own opinion
have a nice day

I did, until I got the skills to write the games that I designed, and then I realized designing a *good* game, is WAY off from having some neat game ideas.

But in the end Im more happier programming games than thinking up half baked game ideas that I never get to see implemented.

Ratman

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement