School Choices

Started by
1 comment, last by TheNatureBoy 20 years, 9 months ago
I am a recent high school graduate and I am wondering about school choices. Should I attend Avilla University, which is a small private school that offers a basic degree in computer science or UAT which is a technology school that has courses specifically for videogames. I know UAT seems like the obvious choice, but I don''t really have the money for it. My main question is which school will look better on my resume. I want to be a computer programmer. Any help that you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
I was in the same situation a year ago, either choose to go for a computer science degree or try for a gaming school. Personally I chose a comp sci degree just because it left many more options open to me when I graduate. I game program as a hobby, and while I would like to work in the industry, I''d like to keep my options open. I also chose comp sci because its mostly theory and good algorithm practice. Anyone can program, but it sometimes it takes an educated person to efficiently write an algorithm and understand how and why it works (note I say ''sometimes'' since for some people this come as second nature). I was always interested in why the things I wrote worked, and that''s basically computer science. I may try to get a degree in software engineering after I graduate but I''ll have to move which I can''t do right now.
DigiPen (game school) offers a Bachelor of Science:
http://www.digipen.edu/programs/rtis/rtis_bs.shtml

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement