Windows 98SE difficulty

Started by
28 comments, last by D-ungeon M-aster 20 years, 9 months ago
I FOUND THE PROBLEM!: !FAULTY CPU!

I now have Win 98 on the computer!

I can''t change the display mode or the color depth

My only choice is 640 by 480 pix and 2 to 16 Color choices.

I want more color choices for game programming!

PS: I do have a good video card!
____________________________________________________________The Dumbass Club; Im not only a member, Im the President!J O I N U S !
Advertisement
Check your video drivers and make sure you aren''t in safe mode.
Normal Mode.

Next month I will upgrade to Win XP... maybe... maybe not...
____________________________________________________________The Dumbass Club; Im not only a member, Im the President!J O I N U S !
My Computer only reconizes 96 MB of RAM but I have 128 MB?

This is an odd O.S. and an odd Computer I have ever dealt with.
Download/install new video drivers.. it''s using the generic VGA drivers.
There is nothing wrong with Win98SE - I have been using it for years.
ummm...so you couldn''t install Win98se AND your RAM is wierd? Ever considered replacing the motherboard? ..Or simply send it on service and tell them to fix it no matter it''s cost. Problem solved.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Ask not what humanity can do for you, ask what you can do for humanity." - By: Richard D. Colbert Jr.
Dude, your hardware is problematic! I''ve been using Windows 98 SE for the past 3 years without any problems

Nothing is Impossible
I have checked the motherboard and its fine.
The RAM has been mysteriously allocated to the video card.
The O.S. is perfectly fine, just not the computer.

This computer is a hardware conflict puzzle and I am begining to love it!
quote:Original post by D-ungeon M-aster
The RAM has been mysteriously allocated to the video card.

That means your video hardware is integrated with the motherboard. This technology enables a part of the main system memory to be used for video. You can reduce/increase how much system memory being used by the integrated video using the BIOS setup. Or check your motherboard manual.

Nothing is Impossible

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement