Install Shield

Started by
9 comments, last by Dee 23 years, 10 months ago
Does anyone know how to use Install Shield?? for like VC++
Advertisement
InstallSheild is made by a third-party company. If you want to use it, I''m sure you have to buy it. They might have something like a 30-day trial, though.

-Agent1

Visit Activeworlds today! :)
Actually, Install Shield is a pain and I don''t recommend using it. It does have a wizard though. It''s also a pain.

-To answer your question-
Use the wizard

------------------------
Captured Reality.
You can also get Intel''s installation software, which comes with an SDK and examples and everything else you need to use it. I haven''t used it yet, but I have downloaded it. BTW, that''s the same software that MS used to create the Office 2000 setup program, which IMO is much better than previous versions. Oh and it does repair, too.

The actual file is called IntelSDK and you can find it on the MS site somewhere (or Intel''s site). I forget exactly where I downloaded it.

- null_pointer
Sabre Multimedia
InnoSetup!

It''s a free setup compiler. Alone it''s not that great, since it doens''t have a gui (as I said, it''s a compiler), but if you use one of the third party apps it''s pretty nice.

Besides, it''s free .

--TheGoop

alright, i''ll try that intelsetup..
but you know those warez installs?? they look great, what are they made in...

Is intelsdk for free??
Yup, the intelsdk is free, I think? I downloaded it from msdn somewhere, go search for it there...
See ya,
Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949
I just had to chime in here and reiterate TheGoop''s suggestion: InnoSetup kicks ass. It''s free, it''s easy to work with (especially if you get one of the 3rd party helper apps) and it works great. My company is actually using it for our commercial apps (Inno is free for commercial use, too). On their Third Party Apps page you''ll also find Inno Setup Extensions, which adds the Windows 2000 -style wizard setup appearance, among other cool things.

http://www.jordanr.dhs.org/isinfo.htm

I know what you mean about those cool warez installs - those are probably custom coded from the ground up by somebody in the group.
I''ll looked over both MSDN and Intel''s site, but have yet to find this Intel SDK. If someone has found, would you be so kind as to throw us a link?

-> Briar LoDeran <-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement