FF7

Started by
0 comments, last by Dee 23 years, 10 months ago
you know those savegame files in FF7 for the PC?? can anyone tell me how to decompile everything so it''s understandable... i wanna see what kinda data they have inside... and located where because i want to make a save feature if i''m gonna program an RPG.. thanx or can you guys just give me 1 of the savefiles in decompiled form
Advertisement
Decompiled form? If it''s a data file, then you should be able to open it up in a hex-editor and see the data like that. I personally wouldn''t know what to do with it, but there are plenty of file format sites out there that show you and explain various file formats, including some for games (I''ve seen some for all the LucasArts games, as well as Baldur''s Gate, and many others).

The worst that could be involved is that the data file might be compressed or encrypted. Perhaps this is what you mean by decompressed? I highly doubt anyone out there will sit down and decrypt the file for you though :-) You might luck out and find a website somewhere that someone has already figured out the format for you. (unlikely!)

Good luck

Clay
Clay LarabieLead DeveloperTacendia.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement