human limb weights?

Started by
17 comments, last by Ishan 20 years, 9 months ago
quote:Original post by marijnh
You can''t realy independantly weight separate body parts yourself because they are (hopefully) still connected to the rest of the body. An approach you could use if you want accurate data is to measure the volume of body parts by holding them under water and measuring how far the water level goes up. You''ll need someone else to look at the level while you measure your head though

Marijn

Actually, this measures the room the limbs occupy, not their weight. Their density might differ.

My Wonderful Web Site (C++ SDL OpenGL Game Programming)

I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.
---Just trying to be helpful.Sebastian Beschkehttp://randomz.heim.at/
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Ishan
Well, after much searching, I managed to find what I was looking for. For anyone else who''s interested...

Head: 7.8%
Torso: 46.84
Upper arm: 2.7
Forearm: 2.3
Hand: 0.6
Thigh: 9.9
Shank: 4.6
Foot: 1.4

How did you find this out?
quote:Original post by seanw
Well, after much searching, I managed to find what I was looking for. For anyone else who''s interested...

Head: 7.8%
Torso: 46.84
Upper arm: 2.7
Forearm: 2.3
Hand: 0.6
Thigh: 9.9
Shank: 4.6
Foot: 1.4

How did you find this out?

Bathroom scale and a saw. The missing 2.36 is probably from blood loss....

Bathroom scale and a saw. The missing 2.36 is probably from blood loss....

School boy error, you should have frozen the body before cutting it, that way the blood wouldn''t spill and you would get more accurate result.

You do realise that if you want a proper scinetific measurement you should do at least 3 different measurements and take the average. Then you could even calculate the perecentage error.

Ahh, amateur!!
-----------------Always look on the bright side of Life!
are this for men or woman ?
"The Gods Made Heavy Metal And They Saw That It Was Good They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell We Promised That We WouldWhen Losers Say Its Over With You Know That It's A Lie The Gods Made Heavy Metal And It's Never Gonna Die"THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL/by ManOwaR
This is just curiosity, but what is this for? Are you planning a vicious crime spree?
If you are, I''ll give you the hint that weight is irrelevent to the speed an objects accelerates from gravity.
---------------
quote:Original post by Joe-Bob
This is just curiosity, but what is this for? Are you planning a vicious crime spree?
If you are, I''ll give you the hint that weight is irrelevent to the speed an objects accelerates from gravity.
Are you suggesting he disposes of the victim''s bodies by dropping them off a tall building? That never works for me.

Is this for ragdoll physics or something similar? Pants.

Member of the Unban nes8bit or the White Rhino in my Basement Gets Sold to the Highest Bidder Association (UNWRBGSHBA - Not accepting new members.)Member of the I'm Glad Mithrandir Finally Found an Association that Accepts People with his Past History Association (IGMFFAAPPHA)
this post roffled my waffle!

---
shurcool
wwdev
quote:Original post by shurcool
this post roffled my waffle!

---
shurcool
wwdev

Do I want to know what you call your "waffle?"

-SirKnight

This topic is closed to new replies.