human limb weights?

Started by
17 comments, last by Ishan 20 years, 9 months ago
Can anyone point me to a list of the absolute or relative weights of all human limbs? I need something like: Torso: 50% Arms: 10% each Head + neck: 10% and so on. Thanks.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Ishan
Can anyone point me to a list of the absolute or relative weights of all human limbs? I need something like:

Torso: 50%
Arms: 10% each
Head + neck: 10%

and so on.

Thanks.

??? I hope You did not cut someone to get this information
any way i wold do this like this:
Take a 2 pictures of humman (one from font, second from left or right this will give You a 3D view) and calulate proportion between limbs by using them (field?, superficies?) = height * weight * deep.

but this is only idea

[edited by - Estor on July 4, 2003 2:54:11 AM]
"The Gods Made Heavy Metal And They Saw That It Was Good They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell We Promised That We WouldWhen Losers Say Its Over With You Know That It's A Lie The Gods Made Heavy Metal And It's Never Gonna Die"THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL/by ManOwaR
You know, on any forum but this one, peaple might think you were planning some sort of murder.....
Know any artists you can ask? Or maybe try the artists forum? ''Cause what you''re asking for is anatomy, which is something art students have to learn (afaik). Or maybe a friend from plastic surgery
How do I set my laser printer on stun?
just go to the post office and ask them if you can weigh your arms and stuff.
im sure they wont mind

the easiest way to find out is to implement your system (which im assuming is for physics), then tweak the values to your liking.

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

Do NOT let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is not a real doctor!

-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
You can''t realy independantly weight separate body parts yourself because they are (hopefully) still connected to the rest of the body. An approach you could use if you want accurate data is to measure the volume of body parts by holding them under water and measuring how far the water level goes up. You''ll need someone else to look at the level while you measure your head though

Marijn
May I suggest an educational visit to your local morgue?
My opinion is a recombination and regurgitation of the opinions of those around me. I bring nothing new to the table, and as such, can be safely ignored.[ Useful things - Firefox | GLee | Boost | DevIL ]
quote:Original post by marijnh
You can''t realy independantly weight separate body parts yourself because they are (hopefully) still connected to the rest of the body. An approach you could use if you want accurate data is to measure the volume of body parts by holding them under water and measuring how far the water level goes up. You''ll need someone else to look at the level while you measure your head though

Marijn

This one is good, You dont have to use Axe

"The Gods Made Heavy Metal And They Saw That It Was Good They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell We Promised That We WouldWhen Losers Say Its Over With You Know That It's A Lie The Gods Made Heavy Metal And It's Never Gonna Die"THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL/by ManOwaR
lol @ this thread.

I love these posts! keep up the good work people!

www.cppnow.com
Well, after much searching, I managed to find what I was looking for. For anyone else who''s interested...

Head: 7.8%
Torso: 46.84
Upper arm: 2.7
Forearm: 2.3
Hand: 0.6
Thigh: 9.9
Shank: 4.6
Foot: 1.4

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement