Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bakingsoda36

Books...

Lately I''ve been wanting to get a C++ book to get a better grasp of the language(right now I know the general basics), so I decided to research the different books that there are and I came up with this list: c++ programming language C++ Primer Plus C++ How to program C++:The Complete Reference Thinking in C++ Which one would you suggest? Or is there one that isn''t listed that is good?

This comes up a lot and I posted something about how bad the Prata book is, C++ Primer Plus, which you should be able to find if you search the forums. edit: found it

Read reviews on the accu book section. They have categories for what level you're at and also a 'recommended' section (as there are so many un-recommendable books reviewed)

[edited by - petewood on July 4, 2003 6:23:58 AM]

I would recommend C++ Primer by Stanley Lippman and Josee Lajoie and/or Accelerated C++ by Andrew Koenig and Barbara Moo. As already mentioned, the Highly Recommended "Beginner''s C++" section of ACCU contains some excellent reviews.

[ Google || Start Here || ACCU || STL || Boost || MSDN || GotW || MSVC++ Library Fixes || BarrysWorld || E-Mail Me ]