MFC Tutorials, WHERE????

Started by
4 comments, last by kobi1kobi 20 years, 9 months ago
Hi I''m trying to find the MFC tutorials which were on nehe''s site some time ago. It ued to be in a chm format if I remember correctly. I must be missing something but the only tuts I see are the simple ones - without MFC. thanks, Kobi.
Advertisement
May I ask why you want to mingle MFC and OpenGL? Unless you''re creating some non-time-critical application (such as a 3D modeller) you most likely won''t want to introduce the overhead that comes with a GUI API to your games... Sorry if I can''t help you with finding what you''re seeking, though.
"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
I need this exactly for what you said. Building a nice little modeler, or to be more correct, a multi-view modeling system.
I''m sorry to hear those MFC tutorials are gone.. I seem to remember they were quite good.

p.s
this ai a college project, aimed mostly toward MFC. Using opengl with it will give my project a visual boost toward a high grade
the best tutorial is a good book about mfc

programming windows with MFC from jeff prosise
^^^which is by far the best book available about MFC

otherwise if you are not willing to spend a few bucks search the MSDN theres enough sample code to get started with
provided you are good enough to read microsofts cryptical crappy code
http://www.8ung.at/basiror/theironcross.html
Hi!
I''m not sure if you''re looking for the multi-view article posted on NeHe, but if it is. Here''s the link.
NeHe Multiview tutorial
But it could also be one of the articles posted on gamedev. It includes MFC and how to build somewhat a sort of modeler program. Here''s the link:
MFC/OpenGL Tutorial on GameDev

Hope any of them helped!

- Patrik Willbo

The Lord says He can get me out of this mess, but He''s pretty sure you''re fucked.
- Stephen (Braveheart)
The book by Jeff Prosise I have.. even printed it out for better use

I found the MFC tutorial (OpenGL MFC) I was looking for.
It seems it was from this site, and nehe wrote me that it''s in the download section. I couldn''t find it there but I assume he''s right.
It''s a 5.5 MB CHM file.

Thanks for the links, the material there is very interesting and informative.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement