Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zao Martyr

RAW Images

Guest Anonymous Poster
IIRC, Photoshop can save to .RAW format, assuming you want to cough up the scratch to buy it (wink wink). Unfortunately, the Gimp does not save to .RAW by default. I did manage to search and find a plugin at http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=371 but as I haven''t tried it yet, I''m not sure how well it works.
Go to www.gimp.org for more information on The Gimp; it''s totally free, powerful, and there''s even a Windows version of it for all those poor, benighted Microserfs. :D

Hope this helps
Josh

not sure about this but i think that RAW images are basicly images without any header meaning its pure pixel data and before looking at it and seeing the picture you need to know the height and width and stuff like that.

Yeah Im aware of the gimp... I got it on winxp and redhat...

Well, I guess there is no real easy (and cheap) way to edit or create raw images.

Btw I decided to do some "personal research" on raw images, and I renamed the .raw extension on one of the raw images that came with a Nehe tutorial (heightmap loading) and it looked like the image was composed of different combinations of letters and characters that when viewed from afar, had the unmistakable appearance of the terrain in the tutorial. (And no it was NOT encryption)

Try it yourself and you''ll see what Im talking about.