does visualstudio.net contains directx9 sdk

Started by
14 comments, last by snakekain 20 years, 9 months ago
i just want to know if visualstudio.net cantains directx9 sdk or will i have to download directx9 sdk if i baught visualstudio.net thanks for advance
Advertisement
You'll have to download it separately. To make it quicker to download you can just download the part that's appropriate for you.

C++, VB, C#, etc.

Why you shouldn't use iostream.h - ever! | A Good free online C++ book

[edited by - siaspete on July 4, 2003 12:39:53 PM]
Visual Studio.NET 2003 might

Gamedev for learning.
libGDN for putting it all together.
An opensource, cross platform, cross API game development library.
VSEDebug Visual Studio.NET Add-In. Enhances debugging in ways never thought possible.
I got Visual C#.net 2003 the other day and it doesn't so I presume studio doesn't have it either.

Bit of a shame really because it's something you're almost definitely going to use at some point.

Why you shouldn't use iostream.h - ever! | A Good free online C++ book

[edited by - siaspete on July 4, 2003 8:14:25 PM]
I think it has DX8 though, at least. Check the MSDN, it''s usually not installed in the usual locations.

Gamedev for learning.
VSEDebug Visual Studio.NET Add-In. Enhances debugging in ways never thought possible.
Thank you for your replies i think i''m gonna have to download it anyway.
quote:Original post by siaspete
I got Visual C#.net 2003 the other day and it doesn''t so I presume studio doesn''t have it either.

Bit of a shame really because it''s something you''re almost definitely going to use at some point.

Why you shouldn''t use iostream.h - ever! | A Good free online C++ book

I''ve been programming for almost 10 years now, graphics programming since I started, programming in MSVC++ for about 5 years now, and I have barely ever touched direct x, outside of grabbing a screen buffer pointer with an older version of dx and no SDK installed. It''s not a shame, because that''s a bunch of useless crap that would have wasted precious CD space and made the need to waste more hard drive space, another installation option, and added another CD to the set, so they would have had to charge even more for their studio''s package. If you want a dx9 SDK, download it, or get the CD for cheap, it''s really not that difficult, and some of us are GLAD they didn''t bundle it. And at some point, not everybody is going to use dx9, matter of fact, I have not touched it, and most likely never will. The only time I EVER installed a dx sdk was when I was helping someone out and it required it.. found the problem, un-installed it.
quote:Original post by Ready4Dis
quote:Original post by siaspete
I got Visual C#.net 2003 the other day and it doesn''t so I presume studio doesn''t have it either.

Bit of a shame really because it''s something you''re almost definitely going to use at some point.

I''ve been programming for almost 10 years now, graphics programming since I started, programming in MSVC++ for about 5 years now, and I have barely ever touched direct x, outside of grabbing a screen buffer pointer with an older version of dx and no SDK installed. It''s not a shame, because that''s a bunch of useless crap that would have wasted precious CD space and made the need to waste more hard drive space, another installation option, and added another CD to the set, so they would have had to charge even more for their studio''s package. If you want a dx9 SDK, download it, or get the CD for cheap, it''s really not that difficult, and some of us are GLAD they didn''t bundle it. And at some point, not everybody is going to use dx9, matter of fact, I have not touched it, and most likely never will. The only time I EVER installed a dx sdk was when I was helping someone out and it required it.. found the problem, un-installed it.

Ermmmmm...ok?

Gamedev for learning.
*cough*chiponshoulder*cough*

The installation would surely be optional.

Besides, you are by far in the minority on this forum if you''ve never used the DirectX SDK.

Must be an OpenGL guy. Surely noone spends 10 years working with the GDI.

VS.net has an early version of the DX8 sdk but that''s it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement