Embedding Python into Dev-C++

Started by
2 comments, last by teamonkey 20 years, 9 months ago
I''ve got a problem embedding Python into a game I''m doing using Dev-C++. Basically, the windows libraries you can download are *.lib, but GCC uses *.a libraries. Has anyone compiled the libraries for Dev-C++? I''m on dialup, so downloading the whole Cygwin compilation package is pretty much out of the question. [teamonkey]
[teamonkey] [blog] [tinyminions]
Advertisement
I haven't compiled the libraries myself, instead I used the .lib files that came with the package (Python 2.2.3 for Windows). Dev-C++ (my version: 4.9.8.1) has no problem using them. All I had to do was:

- add the python/include dir to my project's include dir setting
- same with the python/libs dir
- add "-lpython22" to "Project Options/Command Line/Linker"

Worked perfectly.

My Wonderful Web Site (C++ SDL OpenGL Game Programming)

I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.

[edited by - randomZ on July 4, 2003 1:45:41 PM]
---Just trying to be helpful.Sebastian Beschkehttp://randomz.heim.at/
Are you sure about this? I know this wasn''t possible before, and would be very surprised if it is now... .lib and .a are in different formats, and .a is what GCC uses, so I don''t get it... Perhaps you have the python libraries compiled for GCC somewhere in the path that you''re not aware of?

--------
Leave all your expectations behind, or
they''ll pull you down on your way to the top.

-Ivan
-----------------------------------------------------It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.------------------------------------------------------Ivan
Well, I've just tested it and it appears that Dev-C++ _can_ link both .lib and .a libraries. I have to say that I'm very impressed. Thanks for pointing this out randomZ!

[teamonkey]

[edited by - teamonkey on July 4, 2003 8:51:02 PM]
[teamonkey] [blog] [tinyminions]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement