Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

edahs

VS C++ projects compatable?

Hi everyone, I''m about to get the "Programming RPG games using DX." AFAIK the included source code will be in VS C++ projects. Do you know if I can easily import the source codes into CodeWarrior Pro 6.0 or Dev-C++ without too much hassle? Cheers.

Guest Anonymous Poster
The project formats are possibly not compatible. However, if you know how your tools work, it should be easy to add the right CPP files to a new project, add the libraries you need, and just build. Assuming the DirectX libraries are actually recognized by your tool (earlier versions of some tools had problems with that).

I thought DevC++ had an importer for VC++6.0 projects? Anyway, the format is pretty easy to read and parse, so writing a converter shouldn''t be a big deal.

AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.

quote:
Original post by Edward Ropple
Not likely. VC++ code often does not play well with other compilers in my experience. If you''re a student, VC++ 6 is only $100 or so...

Erm, dam I''m not sure what to do now. I got CodeWarrior Pro 6 from a UK magazine called PCPlus so I thaught I might as well use that for the moment since it''s free. I also just installed Dev-C++ so havn''t yet played around with it.

Am I correct in assuming that the libs in DirectX SDK only work in VS C++ environments? If so, where can I obtain a SDK that works with Dev-C++ and CodeWarrior, if they exist?

VC++.Net 2003 standard here in the UK is only around 70UKP, so I''ll consider getting it if I can''t get any code to compile properly from the book.

Cheers!