• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ploiu

"read my exe"

This topic is 5465 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Is it possible to read the assembly code generated my my exe file? If it is, how? (I''m using VS.NET) Thanks

Advertisement
IIRC, you can open (drag/drop) an EXE right into the Visual Studio IDE, and it will automatically format it into assembly code in an instant, along with hex byte codes.

You should be able to even step/trace the actual execution... go hacker!

www.cppnow.com

Alternatively, MASM comes with a disassembler, IIRC. That should turn your exe into a big .asm file. It''s still somewhat hard to read, though, unless you know asm pretty well.

If you are willing to spend some money, then IDA - The interactive disassembler is really the best. It has been very useful for me, when I have made editors for some games, and trying to hack the fileformats

For more info.
http://www.datarescue.com/idabase/ida.htm

[edited by - fredizzimo on July 4, 2003 6:11:00 PM]

[edited by - fredizzimo on July 4, 2003 6:12:51 PM]

The easiest way to see the generated assembly for a program you have the source code to is to turn on ''Assembler Output''(with source to make it easier to read) under project properties, C/C++ tab, then Output Files. Assuming you are using C/C++ of course (you didn''t specify language; you can use the other methods mentioned if you don''t have the source or aren''t using C/C++ though the option might be available for other languages)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!