'Ello, newbie here with a ?

Started by
13 comments, last by TheFiend 20 years, 9 months ago
<< Ummm... You can get the GDI.NET Developer SDK >>

Well well well, that wasn't very nice. I didn't know what GDI was either about 6 months ago. Then I learned in about an hour...

For that you can click my HELL SDK link and test if your browser has demons....

www.bringyou.to/HELL/

Phil P

[edited by - PhilVaz on July 5, 2003 10:39:14 PM]
Advertisement
Side Note:
---------------------------------------
DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK PROVIDED BY PhilVaz.

It opens MANY pop-ups and ejects your DVD/CD drives. If you really want to go to the link, do a "Save Target As ..." - (which is what I did and looked at the code)

Just a warning.

Oh, and btw, I don''t believe mittens'' post was particularly negative ... so in the future, be civil.
---------------------------------------

TheFiend: A Tetris clone would be good to do, as it would provide a good challenge to code and you would have a pretty fun game when your done.

Also, if you want to add an OOP swing to your game, you could have a pure virtual class (interface) that handles your graphics (the drawing of your game). Your main class could use this interface and you could implement a couple graphics classes and essentially you could "skin" your app. (hope that made sense )

jp.

oh and btw, the misfits rock.

==============================================
I feel like a kid in some kind of store...
==============================================
www.thejpsystem.com
==============================================I feel like a kid in some kind of store... ============================================== www.thejpsystem.com
<< It opens MANY pop-ups and ejects your DVD/CD drives. If you really want to go to the link, do a "Save Target As ..." - (which is what I did and looked at the code >>

Darn it you caught me. You can close windows by hitting Alt-F4 fast enough. Kinda like a close the window game.

I learned the CD-Rom open trick right here on GameDev. Hee hee. Its some VBScript thing.

Meanwhile a legit link for my GDI only game and source

Vazteroids C Source

Vazteroids EXE

Phil P
Asteroids is the way to go. Why? Tetris requires knowledge of the game. You must know all the block patterns there are, the number of blocks that fit on screen, and stuff like that to make a high-quality clone. Asteroids is easier, because all you have to do is randomly spawn asteroids t shoot at, and spawn a UFO when there are very few asteroiuds. Anyways, you should learn OpenGL or DirectX. DirectX is the industry standard SDK. It handles graphics, input, online multiplayer, and things like that. OpenGL handles graphics only, but is very easy. Otherwise, you can use minor libraries like fMod, Allegro, CDX, and so on to learn the basics of libraries. I''m using OpenGL for graphics, and DirectX for everything else.

Scott Simontis
C++ Guy
Scott SimontisMy political blog
Hahahaha!! That gave me a fright PhilVaz

But I couldn''t fight all the popups and I had to restart windows.
Oh well, at least it was funny...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement