Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JTippetts

Announcing new isometric RPG

Due to the number of emails I have received since posting screenshots of my game on FlipCode, I have decided to set up a cheap (as in free), cheesy page to show a few shots of my game, Golem. Golem is a 2D isometric perspective game that draws its inspiration from Diablo (of course), Nethack, Angband, and all those other roguelikes I used to play. And still do. The game is being developed in C++ under GNU/Linux, using SDL, OpenGL and Lua for in-game scripting. All dungeons and wilderness areas are randomly generated. The game is a fairly new effort; I started it in February as a spinoff of a graphical roguelike I was developing and later abandoned due to real-life troubles. When I returned to the project, I found my interest in continuing it as a roguelike had waned, and so I recycled to code base, and Golem is the result of my efforts. Visit The cheesy website for some screenshots and a little bit of info. I have nearly completed my first two tilesets--Desert and Cave--though polishing work continues on both. As well, I have only three usable models for characters. As I am doing both the artwork and the programming myself, work on both is not proceeding as quickly as I could hope. The graphics are created using Blender for character animtion and object/item modelling, and The Gimp for final retouching and terrain graphics creation. No demo is currently available, not until I have implemented more functionality. I do not plan a multiplayer mode, as I personally much prefer single-player style games of this sort. (I can remember all those endless hours striving for ascension in Nethack, huddled over my keyboard at unholy hours of the night.) Anyway, if you have any questions or comments, either post here or email me at: vertexnormal AT email dot com Thank you VertexNormal www.angelfire.com/rpg2/vertexnormal

Very Impressive, at first look at your site I was turned off and thought it wasn''t going to be anything special, but I was totally wrong, those screen shots are very nice looking..

I wish you the best with your project..

Please visit Turt99 Productions

Yes! Thumbs up!!! Good work!!! Looking forward to the demo.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.