RAM

Started by
5 comments, last by MrNeedHelp 20 years, 9 months ago
Hi guys , i am posting some questions about accessing ram here . First of all , how easy/possible it is to track the value of some variables that other applications use?How is this achieved? Also , if i set a pointer to a random value , and that value is used by another program , will i be able to change the data directly?
thanks
Advertisement
quote:Original post by MrNeedHelp
Also , if i set a pointer to a random value , and that value is used by another program , will i be able to change the data directly?
No.
quote:Original post by MrNeedHelp
Also , if i set a pointer to a random value , and that value is used by another program , will i be able to change the data directly?

Unless your program happens to be the kernel or a VxD, then it won''t be used by another program. In win32, every program runs in its own address space, so that any memory used by another process has no mapping into the address space that your program can see. There are windows API calls to read/write memory in another process, but you can''t do it with normal pointers.
it not easy, but u can implant dlls into the ram of other processes http://www.codeguru.com/dll/LoadDll.shtml (hope this is the correct link)... this dll has the ability to access and change the ram where it is...

T2k
quote:
Unless your program happens to be the kernel or a VxD, then it won''t be used by another program. In win32, every program runs in its own address space, so that any memory used by another process has no mapping into the address space that your program can see. There are windows API calls to read/write memory in another process, but you can''t do it with normal pointers.

Yeah it''s called threading.Each application is uniqe thread with uniqe memory space.No thread can access the memory and the resources of another thread.

"You losers better learn...NOONE CONTROLS OUR GOD DAMN LIFE!!!" - MANOWAR
The debug API, and especially ReadProcessMemory...

[OFFTOPIC]
I have used this technique to read the race results in Formula 1 Racing Championship by Ubisoft for online gaming. The program watched some variables in the memory of the game, and then it uploaded the results to a database.

That was a part of Relay, if you have heard of it http://f1rc.relaygames.com/ But unfortunately it didn''t go too well, finanncial problems... so there''s many things that doesn''t work anymore. I actually left before it went completely down, because they were asking me to program even more than I had done for for free, as I had done a lot of other stuff too.
[/OFFTOPIC]
well how about game trainers ??

usually in a protected mode environment u are not able to do that but some apps do it (i dont know how).

/*ilici*/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement