xml-streams in C++ ?

Started by
2 comments, last by Seriema 20 years, 9 months ago
Hi! I saw specialized file readers/writers in a game engine once. They derived their own variations of ifstream and ofstream. Addin a few functions to give the data some control. Using blocks of { and }. Well my idea is to do a similar thing. An XML-stream, or rather a ifXMLstream and ofXMLstream (name suggestions are welcome). That would be great for the game I''m making! One thing hit me though... I can''t possible be the first one wanting to do this?.. Has anyone of you seen any xml formating streams in C++? I think Java has something for it but... Any articles or libraries made in C++? Thanx! "No lies of sugar can sweeten the sournes of reality" }+TITANIUM+{ A.K.A. DXnewbie[onMIRC]
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
Advertisement
shouldn''t be very hard to make one. At least if you''re using a xml parser lib that has already been made... Then just make a stream wrapper or sumthin
----------------------------------------------Petter Nordlander"There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. They who understand binary and those who do not"
.NET has some xml stuff built in. Dont know much about it though.
.NET makes great use of XML classes. Take a look at XMLReader, XMLWriter, XMLDocument, they are really good, even have support for XPath and of course they do both SAX and DOM.

Kind regards,
Steve

If it isn't working, take a bath, have a think and try again...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement