Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

supagu

stl problems

this is what i am trying to do: map< LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9, map< D3DXMATRIXA16, list< TextureBatch*> > > sceneData; the problem i think is visual studio, but maybe its not possible to have a map return another map which then returns a list?

gay forusm... fixed now

yeah i left spaces at the end...

this is the closest i can get to the above:

vector< pair< LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9, vector< pair< D3DXMATRIXA16, vector< TextureBatch*> > > > > sceneData;

that compiles fine, but i dont want to have to search throught them all so would rather the map.

i better explain what im trying to do:

have data sorted by a texture, then by a matrix, then a list of texturebatches (this contains poly information) for rendering

[edited by - supagu on July 5, 2003 3:41:38 AM]

map< LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE8, map< D3DXMATRIXA16, list< int* > > > mapName;

this compiled fine on my system (vc++6.0). Are you sure you're "#include"ing <list> and <map>?
Are you accessing the data the right way? maps are pretty screwy with their iterators and "->second"s and such.

[edited by - monkeyography on July 5, 2003 3:58:22 AM]

#include <map>
#include <list>

i tryed yours (changing the 8 to a 9) and it didnt work

the error im getting is

fatal error C1063:
Error executing cl.exe.

well i d/led the stl from here:
http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/download.html

copied over intot he include folder, and it worked, in a little demo project i made, but then when i went to run my engine it complained about all my lists

it has some stl stuff in the include file, like lists vectors and maps, but the map seems screwey, and when i d/l and put in the stl from the site above, it complains about all my lists iterators then, so i tryed just copying the map and files it needed over the top of the MS ones and then it complains about them templates already being defined

ah using vc6.0

maybe i should get the service pack

[edited by - supagu on July 5, 2003 10:27:30 PM]

[edited by - supagu on July 5, 2003 10:28:59 PM]