stl problems

Started by
10 comments, last by supagu 20 years, 9 months ago
this is what i am trying to do: map< LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9, map< D3DXMATRIXA16, list< TextureBatch*> > > sceneData; the problem i think is visual studio, but maybe its not possible to have a map return another map which then returns a list?
Advertisement
argh teh formattingt iz wrOngn!
Did you seperate the closing brackets with a space?
You can''t have them next to each other, they will be mistaken for the shift right operator.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

gay forusm... fixed now

yeah i left spaces at the end...

this is the closest i can get to the above:

vector< pair< LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9, vector< pair< D3DXMATRIXA16, vector< TextureBatch*> > > > > sceneData;

that compiles fine, but i dont want to have to search throught them all so would rather the map.

i better explain what im trying to do:

have data sorted by a texture, then by a matrix, then a list of texturebatches (this contains poly information) for rendering

[edited by - supagu on July 5, 2003 3:41:38 AM]
For a map to work, it needs to be able to perform less-than comparisons on values of the key type. D3DXMATRIXA16 doesn''t sound like a class which''d have a less-than operator.
well, considering this doesnt work either:

map < int, map < int, list < int > > > sceneData;

i dont think its that
map< LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE8, map< D3DXMATRIXA16, list< int* > > > mapName;

this compiled fine on my system (vc++6.0). Are you sure you're "#include"ing <list> and <map>?
Are you accessing the data the right way? maps are pretty screwy with their iterators and "->second"s and such.

[edited by - monkeyography on July 5, 2003 3:58:22 AM]
#include <map>
#include <list>

i tryed yours (changing the 8 to a 9) and it didnt work

the error im getting is

fatal error C1063:
Error executing cl.exe.
well i d/led the stl from here:
http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/download.html

copied over intot he include folder, and it worked, in a little demo project i made, but then when i went to run my engine it complained about all my lists
What compiler are you using? MSVC 6.0 (not sure what earlier versions though) already has STL.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement