Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Eye

Public alpha test of QUICK file hosting website.

I'm very curious to see how badly abused this service gets, so I know how much to prepare. This service alows you to upload files via a web interface (currently without any kind of passwords or restrictions) so you can show all your friends your new game without fumbling with free webhosting sign ups and other such things. Here's the link: http://www31.brinkster.com/chaosforge/ I'd like feedback on the idea itself to see if it I should keep going with it. Right now it is a I'm-really-bored-with-nothing-better-to-do project so it doesn't get worked on much. EDIT: Picked a different icon. EDIT: Nevermind, the edit script doesn't seem to update the icon.

A couple of things.

1 – my upload worked, which is a good thing. 1duke.zip, copy of original duke nukem shareware game. :D

2 – It’s too small! The download page is fine, I can read the text at that size. But the home page is hideous. Please loose the serifs’ on your font immediately.

3 – On the upload page, apply some styles to your form boxes, make it look pretty.

4 – Find a cool abstract picture, fade it out dramatically, and use it for a cell background for the whole site.

quote:
Original post by Katta

A couple of things.

1 – my upload worked, which is a good thing. 1duke.zip, copy of original duke nukem shareware game. :D

2 – It’s too small! The download page is fine, I can read the text at that size. But the home page is hideous. Please loose the serifs’ on your font immediately.

3 – On the upload page, apply some styles to your form boxes, make it look pretty.

4 – Find a cool abstract picture, fade it out dramatically, and use it for a cell background for the whole site.

1 - That''s good, was it speedy?

2 - Ah yeah I threw the front page togeth in a few minutes.

3 - That page was made in less than a minute. (I plan on addressing this)

4 - whats wrong with white?! :''-(

Thanks for the feedback though.

Do you forsee this being useful?

quote:
Original post by Ciner
File sizes seem to be messed up.
themeny_gas-mask.avi is not 8GB nor is Wolf_3D.zip 1GB

Hmmm your right, I think the GB and MB calculators got swapped.
I''ll go fix it now.