Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

multiple diffuse values on a vertex

This topic is 5274 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m trying to blend several textures on a vertex and was hoping someone could give some ideas on how to get multiple diffuse values on each vertex to use for blending. I''d like to be able to blend as many textures as I want so I don''t want to be limited to 3 (rgb). I am currently creating a list of diffuse values at each vertex for each texture. The only way I can see to make use of them is by using vertex shaders and multiple stream sources. If I do this however, how do I access those values in pixel shader? Thanks.

you should have alpha, thats 4, and the specular component, so that is 8. just out of curiosity, how did you manage to blend a texture layer based on only one component? I tried, and only was able to get 3 texture layers, the base, and one for the diffuse/specular.

Oops. I haven''t been able to blend based on one. I''m able to blend on rgb and alpha. So that only leaves 4. 2 for diffuse and 2 for specular.