Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matrix bones

This topic is 5279 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''d read somewhere that bones are represent by matrix.. but now, if i have start and end point of a bone, how can i represent it like a matrix ?? I want to moltiply the bone matrix to a vector vertex to move this vertex in the space.. how can i do it ?

But if i have the start and the end point of a bone in two different key frames, how can i associate a matrix to this generic trasformation ?

Bones are described by two properties, their position, and their rotation. Now how you move between two key frames is you interpolate between the positions to get your current position, and to get your rotation you interpolate between the rotations.

Now you can convert the rotation (which is probably in a quaternion) to a matrix and then take your position and convert it to a matrix and multiply it with your rotation.

final matrix=rotation matrix*position matrix;

Remember matrix multiplication is not communicative so you need to multiply in that order.

If you''re using direct3d, I think there are direct3dx functions that interpolate, and convert to matrix for you.

Goodluck!

~Wave