MMORPG Gaming Concept

Started by
9 comments, last by Warlord_David 20 years, 9 months ago
Let''s just say that i was thinking of creating a MMORPG. And then again let''s just say that this MMORPG would Represent The World, meaning anything possible in this world (Earth) you could do in the game with nothing holding you back. Would you play a game like this? And please give the Pros and Cons of this idea. [IMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-2/85952/YVYVAWEEEFHUOOCGDGOG-warlord-david.gif[/IMG]
Advertisement
Pros:
-Youd get famous

Cons:
-It''s impossible to make
-It would get really boring
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Wow. Ingenious. What an amazing and original idea. I can''t believe no one else has ever thought about that?

I''m not trying to be mean, but the reason no one has ever made one of these isn''t because it hasn''t been thought of before, but because it''s quite simply impossible to make.
People don''t play games to live their life in a simulation, they play games to get away from their lives. Doing everything over again and becoming someone completely different may seem appealing, but it may get you rather depressed about how you currently are.

I''d much rather play an alternate reality that doesn''t make me do the ugly work that i do every day. I''d rather slay dragons than make breakfast for virtual children and pay my virtual mortgage.

And, anyway, life is far too complex to model. You''d need an infinitely powerful computer with an infinite amount of data storage to take care of simulating a world WITH people.
"everything you need is around you...the only danger is inside of you."
Not a big fan of Will Wright''s are you, echo?
Hmm,

I think it''d be interesting to develop a greater interaction between players and objects. I think the physics and logic behind that general concept will lend a hand to a more interesting experience for the players. Easier said than done, of course.

If you meant something like The Sims Online, I''d have to agree with people who posted before me.. that''d it would be a pretty banal game without much of a goal or impetus for people to play.

.zfod
What''s the point?

Surely the players would spend more time in suuch a game trying to better themselves than they would in real life. Sure, in the game they''d be rich and sexy, but in real life... there would be no real life.

What you''re thinking of sounds like it''s been inspired by the matrix, and as everyone said, it''d be damned near impossible to represent... as I said, what''d be the point. If a game was 100% like the real world, the effort you spent furthering yourself in it would be better spent *IN* the real world.
lol guess it was a really bad idea. So... What kind of MMORPG would you guys like to see. Give me all your ideas.
One that''s been finished.
Perhaps it''s the right idea, but just taken to far. I would like to see a game, even if it lessened in some other areas, just to see it, that had more to interact with. What about a physical hook (you''de have to tie it to the story line), that was controled with a joystick or some other really free input. That hook could be used to go more in depth with objects. For instance, one thing I think would be neat is books you could open and read. And really, it''s not so much big interactions, as it is little details that might give you new tools to work with as far as storyline development and other stuff. Just a thought.
mentalrotation@cox.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement