Programming Memorization

Started by
16 comments, last by MarpleSoft 20 years, 9 months ago
NOONE remembers all the DirectX names.

.lick
Advertisement
Things like Visual Assist (www.wholetomato.com) help a lot
Hello MarpleSoft. I remember having the smae problem. I thought I had to memorize everything. I can tell you this right now. You WILL NOT memorize the DirectX functions, parameters, and interfaces. There''s simply too many! What you can do is get comfortable with them. What I find useful is to find an interesting feature of DirectX, and apply it to different situations. That helps me become comfortable with it. Another trick is to wrap those features into a class system. You''ll find it much easier to remember the functions for your classes because you wrote them! This will also help eliminate redundancy. Hope this helps!
Thanks, i know what i need to do. I''ll just keep continue to use msdn for reference for functions, variables, parameters or what not. Thank you all once again.
After a while, you start to pick up habits and eventually begin to memorize the names without knowing that you memorized them. It just becomes second nature.

Rob Loach
Current Project: Go Through Object-Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore

"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"
- The Boondock Saints
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Normal phenomenon... get used to it. There will always be new (or old) API:s that you will use that you don''t know the function names for. Sad, but true.
Visual Assist is nice

-- Steve --
-- Steve --
visual assist?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement