Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keypress causes fatal "Priviledged Function" error?

This topic is 5274 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, my code was working fine up until about 5 minutes ago when i accidently hit the ` key (above tab and before 1 on UK keyboards) and lo and behold a debug message box (i compiled in debug mode, although i wasnt actually debugging) comes up saying something about 0xcsomething being a priviledged instruction. Nope, i''ve never had that one come up either. After several full recompiles the error didnt go away so I tried it in release mode and it was gone. I went back to debug and it reappeared. Exiting and reentering visual c++ 6 didn''t get rid of it. Then, i delete all my project files, start a new project (empty win32 app) and import them back in. It worked. i can happily press the ` key without some dumb messagebox comming up and crashing my app. The only thing is, I was wondering if anyone knows why the hell it came up in the first place, and more to the point, what is a priviledged instruction?