Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jaymz

Texture cracks on g400

Take a look at the image below: See the cracks? This is only happening on my G400 card, it looks fine on the TNT2, any idea howto fix this?

If you''re using OpenGL then you should check out the GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp extension. nVidia cards perform clamping this way by default.

Sorry, but I''m using D3D... Well, at least its not a zbuffer artifact, as I turned off the zbuffer during skybox rendering. I don''t think clamping is the prob either as I set the texture coords of the skybox by hand, none of them fall outside the 0 to 1 range... thanks for the openGL advice though.

I had a similar problem with my G400 and Motorcross Madness. I also had complete polygons missing from the sky - they were just blue squares!

The latest drivers should fix it, but I have no idea what is wrong -- looks like one of the "pieces" of your sky has "fallen"

Good luck!!!

Simon,
XEOS Digital Development

akhh! At least the problem isn''t that bad... it is kinda ugly as it stands though and I can''t just leave it. Unfortunately I can''t blame it on the drivers as I have the very latest Its the small things like this that makes me wish HW dev''s would stop working on direct-to-eye-socket-plugs and would make sure the basic functionality is uniform across all drivers... and if this isn''t considered basic I don''t know what is, as I''m not doing anything special at all to the skybox except applying tex coords. Ok, ok I''ll get off my soapbox now...

Actually, when I turn on Bilinear texture filtering I get this problem on both the TNT2 and the G400... can anyone throw me a bone? I don''t want to turn the texture filtering off during skybox rendering incase the user is running in a really high res or is using a small skybox texture.