Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BattleGuard

VS .NET include DirectX SDK stuff...

BattleGuard    122
Hi, I was reading the Lamothe''s Tricks first edition book, the windows one. And it said to include some DX files. The question is how do I do so? BattleGuard
Only questions raise questions. Questions are raised by people, by curiousity, the gift of nature to all human beings. And curiosity is satisfied by answers, which in turn raise questions, which lead to answers. And this curiosity is what keeps SCIENCE alive...

CpMan    532
#include, if you mean the headers,

If it''s libraries, then here''s what you do:

1. You need to set your directories up. Go to Tools, Options, go to the Projects item on the left treeview, VC++ Directories. First, set up your library directories. Go to "Show Directories For: " and change it to Library Files. Go to the list of directories and add one at the top for DXSDK\lib, where DXSDK is your directx directory. Now, do the same for the Include files, except add the DXSDK include directory.

You only need to do this once

2. Now, you need set up your linked in libraries. Click on your project and go to it''s properties. Go to Configuration Properties...Linker..Input. In Additional Dependencies, add the libraries of interest, such as d3d8.lib, dsound.lib, etc. Click ok and you''re on your way.

Gamedev for learning.
libGDN for putting it all together.
An opensource, cross platform, cross API game development library.

BattleGuard    122
Thanx a lot!!! . That''s what I did for the include files but not for the lib files. Thanx a lot CPMAN...

BattleGuard

Only questions raise questions. Questions are raised by people, by curiousity, the gift of nature to all human beings. And curiosity is satisfied by answers, which in turn raise questions, which lead to answers. And this curiosity is what keeps SCIENCE alive...

CpMan    532
No problem.

Hey, perhaps this should go in the faq. I can write it up nice if anyone wants.

Gamedev for learning.

Hellraisr    122
Oh hey here is another trick

instead of entering in all the .lib files individually in the place that was described in the earlier post, you can just do a C:\DXSDK\Lib\*.lib and that will find all of the directx libs instead of having to keep adding more when you add directsound and directinput, etc etc.

CpMan    532
Thanks hellraisr, I didn''t know that.

Gamedev for learning.