How to stop my Debug\.exe from locking?

Started by
2 comments, last by paul8262 20 years, 9 months ago
Recently,when iv''e made changes to my code,i kept getting an error at compile time. LINK: fatal error LNK1168: Cannot open Debug/MyApp.exe for writing There was actually no errors in my code,as i found that after i rebooted,and deleted the .exe in my debug folder,my app compiled with no complaints. Several changes later,the same error. When i try to delete the .exe in my debug folder,it says Access is Denied.Even if i close the project and try to delete it. Currently,i have to reboot,every time i get this error,delete the .exe,and recompile. Any ideas what this is? how to fix?
Advertisement
That means the .exe is still running, therefore it can not be opened to write to. Simply hit Alt + ctrl + delete and find your program, then just hit end task. After you do that, it should compile fine.

-UltimaX-

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"
Your program is not exiting for some reason. Until you figure out why it is not exiting, an easier way to delete the file rather than rebooting, CTRL+ALT+Delete to get into the processes window and end task your program.
"...."
That was strange.Some of my code in my functions wasn''t right.
Like my Shutdowns and WindowProc.I could have sworn i didn''t alter them since i first started.

Either my brother is messing with me,or we have Game Programming Ghosts!
Anyway,iv''e got it done now,it exits and shutdows etc.
Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement