The Infamous Alt-Tab Problem!

Started by
15 comments, last by FlamePixel 20 years, 9 months ago
I''m dealing with the same issue. I tried registering on your forum, but it kept saying ''page cannot be displayed'' when I went to register.
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The great logician Bertrand Russell once claimed that he could prove anything if given that 1+1=1. So one day, some fool asked him, "Ok. Prove that you're the Pope." He thought for a while and proclaimed, "I am one. The Pope is one. Therefore, the Pope and I are one."
Advertisement
I don''t know why it is not working for you but it should work. Because i tried it on my computer and on another computer and it seemed to work fine. Anyway, are there any other who cannot register?

No no no no! :)
I tried again and now it says this:

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 246
File : G:\storage\ready\Xitami\Xitami\webpages\forum\includes\emailer.php
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The great logician Bertrand Russell once claimed that he could prove anything if given that 1+1=1. So one day, some fool asked him, "Ok. Prove that you're the Pope." He thought for a while and proclaimed, "I am one. The Pope is one. Therefore, the Pope and I are one."
Cheers, I will have a look at it. ;-)

Fixed it. There was another bug in the phpbb code ( ;-) at least it wasn't my fault ) I found a few actually and fixed them. It should work now.

Since you are already registered you only need to request a new password if you don't remember it.

[edited by - MichaelT on July 9, 2003 6:10:59 PM]
When the device is lost you have to release all resources (Textures, vertex buffers...), restore the device and then recreate the resources. The docs talk about this but it is not very clear

Because I have a class that wraps these functions (so it can be loaded from a DLL) I could keep track of them by saving the pointer to a list in the constructor then removing it in the destructor. When the device is lost it restores it AUTOMATICALLY using those steps

The forum was hacked a while ago so they shutdown the search feature. Probably an SQL exploit where some lazy programmer forgot to check entered strings then forgot to re-enable the search engine causing newbies to ask the same questions all the time (2D in D3D...)
Well, I was talking about my own forum at www.planetrift.com and that was certainly not hacked.

The sample on my site already does what you just mentioned, and those whom are interested can have a look there. It also have an animation for the sprite just to help along a little bit more.

I will add more samples over time to adress many common questions I have heard or recieved.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement