• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bzroom

Vc++ to bga

This topic is 5434 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i want to start programming for the game boy advance but i find the way to compile it pritty annoyin when i have vc++, is there a way i can have vc++ compile to .gba. Also im not sure exactly what all goes on when i compile to gba set path=C:\devkitadv\bin;%path% gcc -o hello.elf hello.c -lm objcopy -O binary hello.elf hello.gba pause it looks like it compiles to an elf file then simply renames it, if there is no way to compile from vc++ to gba, maybe i could compile to a .elf and just rename it myself Any suggestions, thanks.

Advertisement
VC++ doesn''t cross compile (well, okay, it does for the X-Box, but that''s also an IA32 architecture). I believe there''s a version of CodeWarrior that''ll work for the GBA, but I doubt they''ll sell it to you without seeing a Nintendo development contract.

However, just because you can''t use VC++''s compiler, doesn''t mean you can''t use its IDE or build system. Make a "Makefile" project, and you''ll be able to use arbitrary build commands. Expect to spend a lot of time reading the help files before you get it working.

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

yea, its always better to do it yourself

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Open App.Path & "\temp.c" For Output As #1
Print #1, rtb.Text & vbNewLine
Close #1
Open App.Path & "\make.bat" For Output As #1
Print #1, "set path=C:\devkitadv\bin;%path%"
Print #1, "gcc -o temp.elf temp.c -lm"
Print #1, "objcopy -O binary temp.elf temp.gba"
Close #1

Shell App.Path & "\make.bat"

DoEvents: DoEvents: DoEvents: DoEvents

On Error GoTo a
Open App.Path & "\temp.gba" For Input As #1
Close #1

ShellExecute Me.hWnd, "open", App.Path & "\temp.gba", vbNullString, vbNullString, 0

Exit Sub
a:
MsgBox "Error Creating File!", vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "Oops!"
End Sub

i have a rich text box with my code in it and i want to make it change the colors of the keywords liek vc++ does, i think im a complete idiot but heres how im doing it, i have an off screen rich textbox so the user dosn't see it scrolling through everything selecting words and what ever, a listbox named l that contains all my keywords int long what ever, listbox named c containing all the colors, the item data for L is an index to c for the color to show

Private Sub rtb_Change()
Dim i As Integer
Dim x As Integer
Dim s As Integer
Dim e As Integer
Dim y As Integer
Dim z As Integer
Dim index As Integer

y = rtb.SelStart
z = rtb.SelLength

s = y - 8
If s < 1 Then s = 1
e = y + 8
If e > Len(rtb.Text) Then e = Len(rtb.Text)

rh.Text = rtb.Text

index = s
Do While 1
If index >= e Then Exit Do
For x = 0 To l.ListCount - 1
If Mid(rtb.Text, index, Len(l.List(x))) = l.List(x) Then
rh.SelStart = index
rh.SelLength = Len(l.List(x))
rh.SelColor = c.List(l.ItemData(x))
index = index + Len(l.List(x))
GoTo a
End If
Next x
rh.SelStart = index + 1
rh.SelLength = 1
rh.SelColor = vbBlack
index = index + 1
a:
Loop

rtb.TextRTF = rh.TextRTF

rtb.SelStart = y
rtb.SelLength = z
End Sub

and since this dosn't work, i guess its not best to do it yourself, any suggestions?, and sorry about the spelling

edit: haha i know that last function is pritty hack but i was just throwin stuff together

edit2: source box got messed up on edit 1

[edited by - honayboyz on July 7, 2003 12:46:08 PM]

[edited by - honayboyz on July 7, 2003 12:47:10 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!