Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phil165

Errors with BFont (SDL)

Phil165    122
Im trying to get this font library working but there seems to be an internal error somewhere. The program compiles links then gives me this: Project pong error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _PutString referenced in function _SDL_main and Project pong error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _LoadFont referenced in function _SDL_main and Project pong fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals by the way im using VS.net 03, does anyone know whats going on?

Jack Sotac    528
The Bfont library consists of a C file so make sure the names are not being mangled. Make sure you are including the Bfont header in all the files where you are using the library. I don''t have VS.NET but BFont works great in Borland C++ 5.02. Good Luck.

Phil165    122
what do you mean exactly? Im working in C++ but i thought it didn''t matter?. I incuded "BFont.h" on top just like everything else. Or should I be calling BFont fuctions like this
BFont::BFontFucntion
I really dont have a clue, sorry.

Phil165    122
Project pong error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall BFont::LoadFont(char const *)" (?LoadFont@BFont@@QAEXPBD@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall BFont::BFont(struct SDL_Surface *,char const *)" (??0BFont@@QAE@PAUSDL_Surface@@PBD@Z)

This is VERY discoraging. I''ve tried every font library I found and nothing. I Always get a similar error. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT''s worng!!

Im thinking about moving over to allegro because apperently im not good enough for this damn library. I tried to get font on my screen for a few days now. I can blit all sorts of graphics just fine but without font it''s all nothing... I am going to go shoot myself in the leg now.