Gmax export to .3ds

Started by
14 comments, last by Cybersaber 20 years, 9 months ago
Does anyone know how to get gmax to export into .3ds or a conversion utility that will do that for me?
Advertisement
I think I''ve seen a few MaxScripts on the web for exporting to various formats. Just google for gmax maxscripting.
GMAX doesn''t suppport scripting. Out of the box you can''t go from Gmax format to 3ds.

There is a round about way to do that. Go to the GMAX home site an download the Tempest game pack. It allows for exporting to md2 format. It shouldn''t be to hard from there to find a maxscript that will import md2.
isnt that illegal?
'A library consists of the actual binary code behind the API. You link your game code to the library to make everything work.'
um, no its not. its just not what they intended.
It may be a violation of the user agreement, but since many courts have ruled that those agreement do not constitute a signed contract then no its not illegal. Maybe unethical, but not illegal.
Gmax sure as hell supports scripting. I''ve used it just recently.
nothing with file i/o tho
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
It may be a violation of the user agreement, but since many courts have ruled that those agreement do not constitute a signed contract then no its not illegal. Maybe unethical, but not illegal.

Just as many courts have held click-wrap EULAs to be legal and enforcable, so you could very well be in breach of contract.

Just don''t do it. Get another modeller you aren''t going to wind up in court over.
I don''t think you much to worry about if don''t make any money on the game. Since you seem like a complete noob, I doubt you will ever complete a game much less convince some poor sap to buy it.

In then end, how could Discreet prove that you didn''t create that MD2 model in another program?

Even if they do, its on a breach of contract situation at worst, no jail time so fuck em!.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement